Monday, October 22, 2012

Politics

...a word that I'm sure most of the country is sick of right now. I know I am, which just goes to show. This is the first year I ever get to vote in a presidential election, which is pretty exciting. To be honest, I wasn't really interested in politics until a couple years ago. Even though I now have opinions on the issues that affect us and the country, I'm easily reminded why I didn't pay attention to politics in the past.

It's gotten to the point where I'm seriously considering tossing the television out the window because I'm sick of hearing all the political ads every other commercial. Apparently, 90% of the ads put on in this election have been negative ones - bashing the other guy and not actually stating what they are going to do if they are elected. And to be honest, a large part of the time, running the ads is just a big waste of time and money since people are going to vote for their party, no matter what.

That's one thing that I never understood about politics. We get two people to choose from; one of them is on this side of the issues while the other is on the complete opposite side. There's no in-between and no room for compromise. People also tend to vote blindly; they don't consider the other side because they're from "that other party." There's no way they could possibly be right.

I will vote for one of the major candidates, because unfortunately giving my vote to someone else won't change anything. I'll vote for whoever I believe will do the best for the country. However, I don't think I'll ever subscribe to a particular political party because frankly there isn't one that's in the right while the other is in the wrong. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that I can't wait for November 6th to come so that we can, if anything, get rid of all the annoying commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment