Monday, October 15, 2012

FRIENDS

When it comes to TV, I tend to gravitate toward plot-heavy shows, rather than sitcoms or comedies. However, one of my all-time favorite shows is definitely FRIENDS.

For those unfamiliar with it, the show follows the lives of six friends living in New York. There's nothing particularly special or important about them - they're just normal people who have jobs, relationships, families, friends, and all the normal issues that come with those things.

However, it's the cast that really makes this show so great. They fully embrace their characters and flesh them out into real people, not just shallow stereotypes. You want them to succeed, you want to find out what's going to happen in their lives next, and you laugh and cry alongside them. My favorite character is definitely Chandler. For one reason, I have a rather sarcastic sense of humor, so he always makes me laugh. He just seems like someone you would know in real life and would get along with.

This show never fails to make me laugh, whether it's Phoebe saying something that makes everyone do a double take, Chandler and Joey getting into shenanigans in their apartment, or Janice making a guest appearance with her trademark "Oh. My. God." It was on the air for ten years, showing how beloved it was with fans. And it's definitely the only television show where the final episode had me absolutely cracking up while tears were running down my face.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites as well! Classic television.

    ReplyDelete