Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving

Yeah, I know I talked about holidays in my last post but it's what's on my mind right now so I figured I'd keep going.

While Thanksgiving is a great to spend quality time with your family and eat lots of great food, I think that most people actually don't stop to think about what they're thankful for.

Since I'll probably be so busy on the actual day, I wanted to talk about what I'm truly thankful for.

I'm thankful for my health, and the health of my family members. You have to remember that life is precious and can be gone so quickly. I love spending time with my family and appreciate that I have such an amazing support system of people who love and care about me.

I'm thankful for being able to be at college and get the education that I'm getting. I know many people don't have this opportunity and I never want to take it for granted. It's a blessing that I get to go here and even though I've complained a lot about the amount of homework I have, I know it's helpful in the long run.

I'm thankful that I live in a country where I have plenty of opportunities. In other countries I might not be able to go to college or live the life I live for either financial reasons or even because I'm female. We have so many freedoms and opportunities here and I'm definitely glad that I'm blessed with that.

I'm thankful that I have a job right now, and one that I enjoy. I know it's difficult to find one, let alone one that you like, and I know that I definitely got lucky when I was offered this one.

And lastly, I'm very thankful that there are only a few days left until break because I seriously need one right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment